The newly-formed Victoria Beer Society is celebrating spring with a pop-up community beer garden this Saturday at Victoria’s Centennial Square.
The free family-friendly event will feature a diverse selection of B.C. craft beer, as well as some non-alcoholic kombucha and sparkling water, all poured from the super cool VBS Beer Truck.
The event is open to the public, and is a prototype for what VBS hopes will be a summer-long schedule of Pop-Up Beer Gardens across the city.
The pop-up beer garden will be open from noon to 6pm this Saturday, March 30. Two pieces of valid ID are required to buy drink tickets, with credit cards and cash accepted.
The Victoria Beer Society is a membership-driven community of B.C. craft beer lovers responsible for Victoria Beer Week in March and Great Canadian Beer Festival in September. For more information about VBS, visit VictoriaBeerSociety.com.
Here’s the beer list for Saturday:
• Whistler Brewing Company – Hazy Trail Pale Ale
• Vancouver Island Brewing – Hermannator
• Driftwood Brewery – Singularity
• Mount Arrowsmith Brewing Company – The Sprut Spruce Tip Brut IPA
• Swans Brewery – Comet IPA
• Yellow Dog Brewing – High 5 Hazy IPA
• Yellow Dog Brewing – Go Fetch Saison
• Hoyne Brewing Company – Alpha Acid IPA
• Hoyne Brewing Company – Helios Golden Lager
• Small Block Brewery – Nail Head Canadian Pale Ale